Amateur bakers, get your ovens ready for the 2nd Annual MRBA Bake-Off!
Registration is open to all amateur bakers, and interested contestants should read below for how to Register, Rules, and other details.
REGISTER TO COMPETE
To register in advance, submit the following information to email@example.com with “MRBA Bake-Off” in the Subject Line:
Category (See ‘Rules’ below for categories)
**Submissions that are NOT pre-registered will be accepted until NOON on Saturday, May 20.
· Contestants must be amateurs. Chefs, cooks or culinary arts students are not eligible.
· Contestants may have more than one entry, but can only win one (1) prize.
· Submissions must be home made (not store bought).
· Types of baked goods that may be entered:
d. Breads or other savory baked goods
· Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
· All submissions will become property of Mount Rainier Business Association.
· Contestants may work individually or with a team (prizes will be awarded to one member/team only, NOT each individual).
· Contestants should not fraternize with the judges.
CONTEST DAY – Saturday, May 20
1:00pm Check-in at the MRBA Table
2:00pm Tasting of Entries
3:00pm Winners announced
· At check in, each contestant and their submission(s) will be assigned a number for judging. Submissions will be judged on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest.
· Each entry will be judged on taste and appearance.
· A MRBA Representative will tally all of the ballots and the contestant with the highest score will be announced as the winner. 2nd and 3rd place prizes will also be awarded.